Massage is Holistic Care. Doctors are quick to prescribe medicine or recommend surgery before trying something noninvasive and very effective like massage therapy. Often, the body can heal itself, especially with the right kind of bodywork to jumpstart the process. One form of bodywork that offers countless benefits is massage therapy.
Find the Right Therapist. The key to getting an excellent massage is finding the right therapist—someone skilled and with whom you have confidence and trust. Effective therapists are engaged, listen attentively and have a depth of skills to provide relaxation, healing and holistic health maintenance. Energy and compassion are also essential attributes.
Benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Relaxation. Massage relaxes the body and reduces stored physical and emotional pain. Professional caring touch can revive your body and soul.
- Stress Reduction. Massage reduces stress (by lowering the cortisol hormone), balances hormones and decreases tension. Releasing stress in a comfortable, relaxed setting is great medicine for anxiety and depression.
- Improved Immunity. Massage boosts the immune system and improves your ability to fight infection and disease.
- Increased Circulation. Massage opens peripheral blood and lymph vessels, improving circulation through the entire body.
- Pain Relief. Massage brings comfort by relieving tension, improving function and restoring circulation.
Massage also aligns your mind, body and spirit. You may find assistance to recover from any of the following:
- Pain, chronic or acute
- Tension of muscles
- Numbness or nerve impingement
- Hormonal imbalance
- Menstrual or pelvic issues
- Abuse history: physical, emotional, or sexual
- Car accidents
- Poor posture
- Chronic illness
Massage Plus. Want to give your massage session a booster shot? Research indicates that Myofascial Release deepens and extends the healing effects of massage. Massage addresses minor pain, tension and body dysfunction. Myofascial Release is more effective for moderate to severe pain, tension and dysfunction. Learn about Myofascial Release and its lasting and healing benefits.
Alternative to Medicine. Many doctors are quick to prescribe chemicals that have side effects. Massage therapy is a complementary holistic therapy that can effectively treat health and healing issues. If you are concerned about taking medication, ask your doctor about alternative treatment. Your body may be waiting for just the right bodywork to heal itself. Don’t rush to the pharmacy! Rush to a good therapist for safe and effective healing!
Surgery can be life-saving and is currently the most advanced in history. However, all surgeries have risks, are invasive and leave residual scars. Advanced body work may delay or eliminate the need for surgery, especially when Myofascial Release is applied. Find a skilled therapist for natural and effective healing without surgery. When surgery is necessary, an experienced therapist can improve your outcome with preoperative and postoperative care.
Modesty. Are you modest or nervous about bodywork? Your safety and comfort is our highest priority. Massage can be done with clothes on or off, enabling you to receive healing touch within your parameters of comfort. Draping is customized to your preference and therapy needs.
Steve Metzger, RN-CMT at Revive Therapy is an advanced Myofascial Release therapist with over 35 years’ experience in healthcare. He specializes in medical-surgical, sports, women’s health therapy and holistic health maintenance.